TEACH is an academic-community partnership whose goal is to expand reproductive health access by helping primary care providers and residencies integrate abortion training into their curricula and practice, and become leaders in comprehensive reproductive health care.
The UCSF Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health, Advancing New Standards in Reproductive Health (ANSIRH), and the Department of Family and Community Medicine provide the setting for TEACH to expand its impact by situating it in the context of a broader initiative to improve reproductive health access through education, information dissemination, research, and policy reform.
- To help foster a network of primary care experts in reproductive health issues
- To successfully prepare residents, faculty, and clinicians in practice to provide first trimester aspiration and medication abortion procedures with confidence
- To increase opportunity for advanced training, mentoring and leadership for trainees
- To provide information, technical assistance and consultation to professional audiences and the public on reproductive health issues
- To initiate and support reproductive health policy change and research
- Maintain our advanced training and leadership curriculum CREATE (Continuing Reproductive Education for Advanced Training Efficacy) in California and beyond
- Expand rural leadership training efforts in Northern California
- Welcome the next TEACH Leadership Training Fellow
- Provide new evidence based resources on innovations in medication abortion
- Provide and evaluate new training materials on complication management
- Expand primary care collaboration and resources to reach our APC colleagues