- Public Funding for Contraception, Provider Training, and Use of Highly Effective Contraceptives: A cluster randomized trial. American Journal of Public Health. 2016 March; 106(3):541-546. doi: 10.2105/AJPH.2015.303001
Click on any of the following links to see that year’s publications. To see all publications from previous years, use the “show all” link. Click a second time on a link to toggle that section closed—or you can use the “close section” links to do the same thing.
- Do clinic and state policies affect post-abortion LARC use? Results from a cluster randomized trial. Contraception. 2015 May; 91(5):427. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2015.02.018.
- Performance measures for contraceptive care: what are we actually trying to measure? Contraception. 2015 June; 91(6):433-7. doi: 10.1016/j.contraception.2015.02.002. (Epub 2015 Feb 10).
- Racial and ethnic differences in contraceptive use among women who desire no future children, 2006-2010 National Survey of Family Growth. Contraception. 2015 Jul; 92(1):62-70. doi: 10.1016/j.contraception.2015.03.017. (Epub 2015 Apr 9).
- Reductions in pregnancy rates in the USA with long-acting reversible contraception: a cluster randomised trial. Lancet. 2015 Aug 8; 386(9993):562-8. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(14)62460-0. (Epub 2015 Jun 16).
- Simulation for Managing Hemorrhage as a Complication of Uterine Aspiration. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.10296
- Lessons learned from an advanced training and leadership curriculum in abortion care. Contraception. 2015 Oct; 92(4): 396. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2015.06.168.
- Overcoming Barriers to Integrating Abortion into Practice: Results from the CREATE Program. SFP Conference Poster, November 2015.
- Realizing Reproductive Health Equity Needs More Than Long-Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC). American Journal of Public Health. 2015 Nov 12:e1-e2. doi:10.2105/AJPH.2015.302900. [Epub ahead of print]
- A Qualitative Analysis of Approaches To Contraceptive Counseling. Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2014 Jul 10. doi: 10.1363/46e2114. [Epub ahead of print]
- A qualitative study of pregnancy intention and the use of contraception among homeless women with children. J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2014 May;25(2):757-70.
- Access to LARC after medication and aspiration abortion: results from a cluster randomized trial. Contraception Jan 2014; 89(5):481–482.
- Exploring young adults contraceptive knowledge and attitudes: disparities by race/ethnicity and age. Womens Health Issues. 2014 May-Jun;24(3):e281-9. doi: 10.1016/j.whi.2014.02.003. Epub 2014 Apr 13.
- Provider Counseling to Young Women Seeking Family Planning Services. Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2014 May 1. doi: 10.1363/46e1414. [Epub ahead of print]
- Shared decision making and motivational interviewing: achieving patient-centered care across the spectrum of health care problems. Ann Fam Med. 2014 May-Jun;12(3):270-5.
- Disparities in abortion rates: a public health approach. Am J Public Health. 2013 Oct; 103(10):1772-9.
- Racial and ethnic differences in men’s knowledge and attitudes about contraception. Contraception. 2013 Oct; 88(4):532-8.
- Pregnancy options counseling for adolescents: overcoming barriers to care and preserving preference. Current Problems Pediatric Adolescent Health Care. 2013 Apr; 43(4):96-102.
- Early pregnancy failure management among family physicians. Fam Med. 2013 Mar; 45(3):173-9.
- A long-term evaluation of a required reproductive health training rotation with opt-out provisions for family medicine residents. Fam Med. 2013 Mar; 45(3):180-6.
- Women’s questions after postabortion insertion of intrauterine contraception. Contraception. 2013 Sep; 88(3):396-400.
- Women’s preferences for contraceptive counseling and decision making. Contraception. 2013 Aug; 88(2):250-6.
- Women’s questions after post-abortion insertion of intrauterine contraception. Contraception, 2012 Dec 21 [Epub ahead of print].
- Women’s preferences for contraceptive counseling and decision making. Contraception, 2012 Nov 21 [Epub ahead of print].
- “We never thought of a vasectomy”: a qualitative study of men and women’s counseling around sterilization. Contraception. 2012 Nov 21 [Epub ahead of print].
- He’s a Real Man: A qualitative study of the social context of couples’ vasectomy decisions among a racially diverse population. Am J Mens Health. 2012 Nov 8. [Epub ahead of print]
- Evidence-based IUD Practice: Family Physicians and Obstetrician-Gynecologists. Fam Med. 2012 Oct;44(9):637-45.
- Multi-specialty family planning training: collaborating to meet the needs of women. Contraception, 2012 Sep; 86(3):188-90.
- A long-term evaluation of a required reproductive health training rotation with opt-out provisions for family medicine residents. Contraception, 2012 Sep; 86(3):299.
- Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Contraceptive Method Choice in California. Perspect Sex Reprod Health, 2011 Sep; 43(3):173-80.
- Race, ethnicity and differences in contraception among low-income women: methods received by Family PACT Clients, California, 2001-2007. Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2011 Sep; 43(3):181-7.
- Access to abortion services: a neglected health disparity. J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2011 May; 22(2):415-21.
- Reversing the United States sterilization paradox by increasing vasectomy utilization. Contraception, 2011 Apr; 83(4):289-90.
- Vasectomy: the other (better) form of sterilization. Contraception, 2011 Apr; 83(4):310-15.
- Communication in reproductive health: Intimate topics and challenging conversations. Patient Educ Couns, 2010 Dec; 81(3):321-3.
- Preferences for decision-making about contraception and general health care among reproductive age women at an abortion clinic. Patient Educ Couns, 2010 Dec; 81(3):343-8.
- Counseling women with early pregnancy failure: Utilizing evidence, preserving preference. Patient Educ Couns, 2010 Dec; 81(3):454-61.
- Recommendations for intrauterine contraception: a randomized trial of the effects of patients’ race/ethnicity and socioeconomic status. Am J Obstet Gynecol, 2010 Oct; 203:319.e1-8.
- Minimizing Pain During Vasectomy: The Mini-Needle Anesthetic Technique. J Urol, 2010 May; 183(5):1959-63.
- Health care providers’ knowledge about contraceptive evidence: a barrier to quality family planning care? Contraception, 2010 Apr; 81(4):292-8.
- Health disparities: definitions and measurements. Am J Obstet Gynecol, 2010 Mar; 202(3):212-13.
- Disparities in family planning. Am J Obstet Gynecol, 2010 Mar;202(3):214-20.
- Sociocultural Determinants of Teenage Childbearing Among Latinas in California. Matern Child Health J. 2010 March; 14(2): 194–201.
- Early Pregnancy Loss Needn’t Require a Trip to the Hospital. Journal of Family Practice, 2009 November; 58(11):585-90.
- Beyond training: making change stick. Contraception, 2009 May; 79(5):331-3.
- Sociocultural determinants of teen childbearing among Latinas in California. Matern Child Health J. 2009.
- Medical liability insurance as a barrier to the provision of abortion services in family medicine. Am J Public Health. 2008 Oct; 98(10):1770-4.
- Increasing intrauterine contraception use by reducing barriers to post-abortal and interval insertion. Contraception, 2008 Aug; 78: 136-142.
- Impact of immediate post-abortal insertion of intrauterine contraception on repeat abortion. Contraception, 2008 Aug; 78: 136-142.
- Abortion Training in Three Family Medicine Programs: Resident and Patient Outcomes, Family Medicine, Mar 2007.
- Early Abortion Trainers’ Workbook and Early Abortion Training Workbook (2nd Edition). ANSIRH, UCSF Center for Reproductive Health Research and Policy, San Francisco, CA (2007).
- An Unexpectedly Positive Experience: Utilizing Opt-Out Provisions in Early Abortion Training for Family Medicine Residents. NAF Conference Poster, April 2007.
- Training Impact of Four UC Residency Programs using the TEACH Model (Training in Early Abortion for Comprehensive Healthcare). UCSF Family Medicine Research Colloquium, 2007.
- Balancing Personal Beliefs and Professional Responsibilities in Resident Education: Strategies for Working with “Opt Out” Provisions. Society for Teachers of Family Medicine Seminar, 2007.
- Minimizing Barriers to IUC Use: Do Interventions that Improve Access Have an Impact on Repeat Abortion? NAF Conference Poster, April 2007.
- New Indications and Timely Initiation. Society for Teachers in Family Medicine Seminar, 2007.
- TEACH Training Video, produced by RHEDI Family Medicine, 2006.
- Stormy Seas: The Changing Role of Providers in Navigating Parental Consent. NAF Conference Presentation, April 2006.
- Stormy Seas: The Changing Role of Providers in Navigating Parental Consent. UCSF Family Medicine Research Colloquium, 2006.
- Minimizing Barriers to IUD Use: the Impact of Post-Abortal IUDs, Simplified Screening Criteria, and Staff Re-Introduction. Contraception Abstracts, Oct 2006.
- Papaya: A Simulation Model for Training in Uterine Aspiration, Family Medicine, 2005: 37(4): 242-4.
- Early Abortion Trainers’ Workbook (1st Edition) and Early Abortion Training Workbook (2nd Edition). ANSIRH, UCSF Center for Reproductive Health Research and Policy, San Francisco, CA (2004).
- Training in Early Abortion for Comprehensive Healthcare (TEACH) with UCSF Family Medicine Residencies. UCSF Family Medicine Research Colloquium, 2004.
- Skills for Procedural Training: Faculty Development in Reproductive Health. Society for Teachers in Family Medicine Workshop, 2004.
- NAF Family Medicine Luncheon. 2004-2007